Funds are for direct support of school garden programs, including:
- Purchase of seeds, plants, supplies, or equipment
- Stipends for Garden Coordinators
- Professional development opportunities
- Garden curriculum
- Supplies and materials for projects that enhance connections between the school garden and the classroom, cafeteria, or waste reduction program
Requirements to Apply
- Complete application, including all signatures.
- The applicant must be a teacher, parent, or volunteer associated with a Pre-K through grade 12 school in Watauga or Ashe County.
Grant recipients will be announced Monday, February 16, 2015.
The proposed project must be executed by November 15 of the year funds are received (11/15/2015).
- Email: Highcountrylocalfirst@gmail.com
- Snail Mail: High Country Local First, 164 S. Depot St., Boone, NC 28607