1) Help Lettuce Learn at Parkway Elementary transform their schoolyard into an edible landscape for learning!
WHAT: There will be weeding, saving bulbs and perennials to plant later, soil improvement, mulching and brainstorming about the possibility for a new foodscape/pollinator garden area. Bring some gloves, sturdy shoes, gardening tools if available and your thinking caps!
WHEN: Wed, Sep 9 from 4:00 - 6:00 pm
WHERE: Parkway Elementary School, 160 Parkway School Drive, Boone, NC 28608
HOW: Please email email@example.com if you plan to be there.
2) Help Lead a Preschool garden lesson at the ASU Child Dev Center
WHAT: Help us lead a garden mini-lesson for 4-5 yr olds at the ASU Child Development Center learning garden
- We will use the first 30 minutes to prepare for the lesson.
- You will be in charge of one station with 3-5 children
- We will provide everything you need to lead the lesson
- Dress appropriately for a garden (sunscreen, water, clothes for getting dirty)
- We welcome you to stay 30 minutes afterward to help with garden maintenance and beautification
WHERE: ASU Child Dev Center, 538 Poplar Grove Rd, BooneHOW: Contact John Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org or simply SIGN UP TODAY.
3) Hardin Park Greenhouse Lovin'
WHEN: Saturday, Sep 5 (time TBD)WHERE: Hardin Park Greenhouse HOW: Contact Maggie Gartman at email@example.com
Want to find out more about these opportunities? If you're not already part of our LettuceHelp! Network, sign up here.